For the latest COVID-19 information from the Alabama Department of Public Health, call 211.
For more information on Tele-Medicine please click here: Tele-Medicine
July 1, 2020:
NEWS: Russell Medical cases mirror state trend
June 24, 2020:
NEWS: Better late than never to celebrate hospital week
June 23, 2020:
NEWS: Russell Medical holds grand opening for new coffee house
June 19, 2020:
NEWS: Local church provides lunch for Russell Medical Nurses
June 18, 2020:
NEWS: Russell Medical officials urge residents to heed coronavirus warnings
May 20, 2020:
NEWS: New Site breaks ground on new health clinic
May 13, 2020:
NEWS: Russell Medical slowly moving back to normal as it names Employee of the Year
May 5, 2020:
NEWS: Reason to celebrate at Russell Medical
Video: VICTORY RIDE!
May 1, 2020:
NEWS: Nurse practitioner battles pandemic in first year on job
April 30, 2020:
NEWS: COVID-19 strikes at Russell Medical’s bottom line
April 29, 2020:
NEWS: Colvin’s emotional struggle
April 23, 2020:
NEWS: Downward Slope
April 16, 2020:
NEWS: Dr. Robert Edwards on Tele-Medicine Efforts
April 8, 2020:
NEWS: Despite restrictions, Russell Medical keeps families informed
April 4, 2020:
NEWS: Russell Medical caring for positive COVID-19 cases with success
April 3, 2020:
NEWS: Russell Medical employees develop UV method to steralize surgical masks
- Russell Medical has taken every precaution to provide for the safety of our patients, staff and community. We have treated communicable diseases for many years, so we understand the precautions that must be taken in terms of isolating patients, currently restricting visitors and adhering to other precautionary measures. With the ever-changing situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, changes in our daily operations continue to occur as we adapt to this pandemic. We want you to be assured that we are ready and plans are in place.
- Effective March 19, visitors are restricted and not allowed into the hospital. There are extenuating situations which will be made on a case by case basis, primarily regarding compassion, end of life patients and baby deliveries.
- Effective March 20, there is no admittance into the Professional Office Building unless you have a scheduled appointment with a physician. All entrance into this building must be through the main entrance on the 1st floor.
- Total Fitness is now open to the public. Call 256-329-7138 for more information
- Docs cafeteria is closed to the public.
- Rehabilitation services are available for patients, such as PT, OT, Speech, and Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- ***We encourage you to call your personal physician before coming to the hospital. A healthcare professional will direct you to the next steps.
- At present, physician offices are open during their regular business hours. We encourage you to call ahead before coming to a physician office.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama recently announced the expansion of telehealth coverage. This allows physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and behavioral health practitioners to provide medically necessary services via telephone consultation. Customers can check with their physicians to see if they participate in telehealth.
- The Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov) and the Alabama Department of Public Health (adph.org) provide current and reliable information regarding COVID-19. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with these websites and the information contained therein.
On behalf of the entire staff of Russell Medical, we want you to know that we are here for you and remain proactive and diligent as we respond to this pandemic and all of the healthcare needs of our community.