For the latest COVID-19 information from the Alabama Department of Public Health, call 211.
For Covid-19 Test Results or Patient Portal registration please call the number below.
Covid-19 Release of Information Call Line: 256-215-7461
For information regarding the State of Alabama’s Covid-19 Vaccine Plan and Deployment:
Click Here: Covid-19 Vaccine Plan
March 24, 2021:
NEWS: Mass vaccinations to start at Russell Medical
March 19, 2021:
NEWS: COVID Vaccinations come to Great Bethel
March 18, 2021:
NEWS: Russell Medical receives Civil Air Patrol’s first Alabama vaccine mission
March 16, 2021:
NEWS: Health institutions learn lessons for the future during pandemic
February 27, 2021:
NEWS: Russell Medical beginning to relax COVID-19 restrictions
February 1, 2021:
NEWS: Russell Medical fills up vaccine appointments for second time
January 30, 2021:
NEWS: COVID-19 reporting consistent in Tallapoosa County
January 13, 2021:
NEWS: Russell Medical offers vaccine to residents 75 and up
January 8, 2021:
NEWS: COVID-19 Success continues
January 7, 2021:
NEWS: Russell Medical celebrates another COVID-19 recovery
January 6, 2021:
NEWS: Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing comes to Russell Medical
For Older News: Click Here
- Russell Medical has taken every precaution to provide for the safety of our patients, staff and community. We have treated communicable diseases for many years, so we understand the precautions that must be taken in terms of isolating patients, currently restricting visitors and adhering to other precautionary measures. With the ever-changing situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, changes in our daily operations continue to occur as we adapt to this pandemic. We want you to be assured that we are ready and plans are in place.
- Entrance to the Professional Office Building is only through the main entrance on the 1st floor and lower level entrance adjacent to the Cancer Center parking lot.
- Total Fitness is now open to the public. Call 256-329-7138 for more information
- Docs cafeteria is closed to the public.
- Rehabilitation services are available for patients, such as PT, OT, Speech, and Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- ***We encourage you to call your personal physician before coming to the hospital. A healthcare professional will direct you to the next steps.
- At present, physician offices are open during their regular business hours. We encourage you to call ahead before coming to a physician office.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama recently announced the expansion of telehealth coverage. This allows physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and behavioral health practitioners to provide medically necessary services via telephone consultation. Customers can check with their physicians to see if they participate in telehealth.
- The Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov) and the Alabama Department of Public Health (adph.org) provide current and reliable information regarding COVID-19. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with these websites and the information contained therein.
On behalf of the entire staff of Russell Medical, we want you to know that we are here for you and remain proactive and diligent as we respond to this pandemic and all of the healthcare needs of our community.