The Documentation Integrity Specialist 1 is responsible for maintaining the lasting integrity of the permanent medical record as a medical and legal document through prepping, scanning, indexing and performing complete document integrity verification for electronic and scanned medical record documentation and business office documents into the hospital archive system. This includes determining specific vital documents are present with appropriate authentication. Specialist 1 is responsible to coordinate COVID reporting activities and assist Human Resources and Infection Control in the event of a surge in COVID activity.
• Education: High school diploma or GED
• Experience: A minimum of one year experience in the medical record/healthcare field.
• Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations: – Preferred, not required.
• Equipment, Tools, Work Aids: Personal computer, computer scanner, copy machine, Fax machine, and telephone.
• Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of personal computer and scanning functions. Independent judgment may be required. Understanding of Medical Record protocol. Knowledge of Confidentiality and Release of Information Policies (HIPAA Regulations). Understanding of contents of medical record.
Full time with benefits
Hours: Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p or 8:30a-5p