Schedule: Hours would vary during office hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
PRN or As Needed
Upon completion of training and documentation of competency (attached) by the Division Manager (Clinical) and with the documented approval of the supervising physician, the Medical Assistant (MA) will be responsible for medical screening, procedures, and care of patients presenting to physician office. MA will be responsible for injections, collecting blood samples, assisting the providers, as well as overall clerical duties. MUST provide excellent customer service at all times.
• EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required
• EXPERIENCE: Medical office experience required with phlebotomy experience preferred
• LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS: Medical Assistant Certification through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Health Career Association (NHA) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred. Basic Life Support (BLS)
• EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, WORK AIDS: EMR System, Windows, General Office Equipment, Multi-line Telephone System, Glucose Meter, CBC Machine, Urinalysis Reader, Hemoglobin A1c Machine, Centrifuge, Immprint
• SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Medical terminology and basic computer knowledge