Performs diagnostic procedures on various types of specimens utilizing effective quality control measures. Functions in all areas of the laboratory including: chemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology, urinalysis, and immunohematology. Collects specimens using defined collection guidelines. Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots sophisticated computerized equipment.
• EDUCATION: Minimum Associates degree in chemical or biological science or Applied Technology Diploma with completion of MLT program. Successful completion of a one year internship in an approved medical laboratory technician training program is preferred.
• EXPERIENCE: No experience required
• LICENSES, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS: Must be registered as a medical laboratory technician or medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or by a National Certifying Agency
• EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, WORK AIDS: Laboratory information system, various diagnostic equipment, centrifuges, and slide stainer
• SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Must understand the principles of quality control. Must be able to distinguish colors. Must be able to work rapidly with frequent interruptions and time constraints.
Full time with benefits