To provide a float pool team of nurses who can maintain competency for multiple departments / units within Perioperative and Invasive Cardiology services and are willing to float to those departments/units to assist with staffing coverage. Nurse must complete and maintain competency to work in 4 of 5 areas within perioperative and invasive cardiology services. *RN base rate + float incentive.
• EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• EXPERIENCE: 1 year perioperative nursing experience required
• LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS: Unencumbered, current AL RN license; BLS and ACLS within 90 days of hire.
• EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, WORK AIDS: Knowledge of computers and computers systems to include Meditech, Order-entry, and ORM systems. Office equipment (copiers, fax machines, phone systems) Patient therapeutic equipment (vital sign machines, weight scales, pulse oximetry, DVT prevention devices, IV pumps, O2 and suction equipment, defibrillator/pacer)
• SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Knowledge of appropriate patient population growth and development. Skillful in verbal and non-verbal communication. Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in high stress fast paced environment. Ability to understand and follow the policies and procedures of Russell Medical Center and regulatory agencies’ standards and rules. Able to formulate judgments based on the recognition of normal physiology and signs and symptoms of disease processes.
Status: Full Time with benefits
Shift: Mon-Fri + call