Ensures the effective management of all Scheduling, Authorizations and Pre-Registration and the transition of the inquiries to the appropriate service lines. Completes/distributes paperwork, entering pertinent patient information into Hospital Information System, verifying insurance benefits and eligibility, identifying out of pocket cost, and communicating with staff and patients on point of cash requirements on/before service date. Performs job duties in accordance with the policies and mission of Russell Medical.
Education: minimum of high school diploma or equivalent advanced clerical training preferred.
Experience: RMC Hospital Registration experience preferred.
• Knowledge of insurance regulations, collections, customer service skills, computer background, knowledge of keyboard, and typing (minimum of 40 wpm).
• Medical terminology preferred.
• Ability to relate to a broad and diverse spectrum of the community.
• High Level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
• Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information.
• Ability to work in a professional manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, courteous working relationships with patients, coworkers and others.
• Ability to work in Windows based computer environment
Full Time with benefits