Demonstrates professional nursing care to all patients during the “peri-operative phase” and supervision of associated personnel in these and related activities. The dimensions of practice range from preoperative assessment to intraoperative intervention to postoperative evaluation. It is a practice designed to meet an individual patient’s needs through the nursing process, ensuring continuity of care during the surgical experience.
By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, the nurse anticipates the needs of the team and provides such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. Assists in the orientation and training of staff as needed.
Education/Certification: Current licensure as an RN in Alabama. CPR/BLS certification within 90 days of hire.
• Six months to one year related experience is strongly preferred.
• Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple and complex correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to patients, patient family members, visitors and other organization personnel.
• Ability to add and subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and complex written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a multiple combination of concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Flexible in work schedule, assignments, and work load.
• Ability to understand and follow the policies and procedures of Russell Medical Center and regulatory agencies’ standards and rules.
Full time with benefits
Monday-Friday 6:30am-3:00pm + call